Your summer starts in The Colony. Discover outdoor concerts, family programming and lakeside adventures for the ultimate vacation.
Concerts Across Town
Things are heating up in The Colony with performers ready to fill the air with the songs that make you move. Newly revamped and better than ever, Lava Cantina is bringing the live concert experience back to The Colony. Get your tickets now to DFW’s biggest parties with iconic rapper Lil Jon and Cowboys’ DJSC on June 3 at the premier venue. On the Grandscape stage, the P!nk Experience will perform the rocker’s biggest hits during a free concert on June 4. While at Grandscape, discover a collection of small businesses adjacent to the stage. Inside The Homestead, find the latest summer fashions at Landry Kate and GAL Clothing, sweet treats at Kilwins and Julie’s Sweets, eclectic creations at Tyler Kingston and Creteation and handmade wares at Odin Leather Goods and White Rock Soap Gallery. Check out the Grandscape Events Calendar for more upcoming performances and events.
Soak up the sunshine and get ready for a blast at Grandscape’s Summerfest on June 12. Take some summer selfies at the photo booth, get your face painted for a splash of color, bring home a balloon animal and make sure to keep an eye out for flamingos during the scavenger hunt. Inside Jurassic World: The Exhibition, prehistoric creatures come to life. Learn phenomenal facts about the dinosaurs while discovering the wonders of the ancient world. Snap a pic of sauropods and baby dinosaurs or seek out the secrets of science straight from the Hammond Creation Lab. This one-of-a-kind experience is in town from June 18 – Extended through January 2, 2022 so get your tickets now before they sell out.
Come together and celebrate as a community at the Juneteenth Unity Games. Play games, listen to live music and explore black business vendors, while reflecting on African American history. Register now to compete in potato sack races, relay challenges and obstacle courses on June 19.
Mark your calendar for Father’s Day on June 20. Lava Cantina welcomes the Return of the Father’s Day Brunch buffet with classic cookout favorites and live jazz music. Bring dad to practice the perfect golf swing at Topgolf and be sure to surprise him with a hand-made leather gift from Odin Leather Goods. For more insightful inspiration for your next family get-together, check out the Family Reunion Blog.
Cool Ways to Beat the Heat
Time to break out the swimwear and feel the refreshing waters of The Colony’s aquatic attractions. Cruise along Lewisville Lake with ski boats, tubes and other lake-worthy vessels from Sam’s Dock at Hidden Cove Park & Marina. Venture the waters during one of DFW Surf’s stand up paddleboard classes or events, open to all skill levels. Take an Intro to SUP course, offered every Saturday or explore the lake during a Friday night sunset paddle, complete with illuminated boards and craft beers at the Paddle and a Pint social.
You don’t need a passport to experience paradise, just step inside the newly-renovated Hawaiian Falls. Inside the island-themed water park, take it easy and lounge in your very own private cabana with family and friends for a peaceful getaway. Float along the Kona Kooler lazy river or soar on the Flyin’ Hawaiian and take the Pineapple Plunge for a sensational splash. Find more information about your island pass discount here.
LPGA Volunteers of America Classic
The state’s only LPGA Tour event offers special family-friendly programming from June 28 – July 4. Early in the week listen to experts from a variety of industries share their experiences at the third annual Women’s Leadership Summit. During the weekend, bring the family out for a healthy morning of outdoor yoga, complete with a free breakfast. Take part in Saturday’s Liberty 5K, 10K and 1 Mile Run Presented by AT&T along The Tribute Shoreline Trail and receive a complimentary ticket to the VOA Classic. Later that day, kick back at the community concert as Texas country artists, Cody Canada and Jason Boland & The Stragglers, perform live on an outdoor stage. After the VOA Classic winner is announced Sunday, head to The Colony Five Star for Liberty By The Lake, a 4th of July celebration complete with a patriotic fireworks finale; the perfect way to end the holiday weekend.
- Start the week off with a free game of pool and drink specials all night long. Visit Shakertins from 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM for some late-night entertainment.
- Skip the rush hour traffic and bowl at Andretti Indoor Karting & Games instead. Guests can enjoy $5 bowling per person Monday – Friday from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
- Join the SCHEELS Run Club for some monthly evening group exercise. Take a three or five-mile walk and run from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM on Monday, June 28.
- Kids eat free on Family Board Game Nite! Simply bring a board game to play at Heritage Pizza and their dinner is on the house from 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Test your knowledge with Free Trivia at Dirty Burger Bar. Compete for special prizes from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- From immersive VR to exhilarating laser tag, visit Andretti Indoor Karting & Games for buy one, get one free attractions every Tuesday. Excludes karting and bowling.
- Join in for an evening of quizzical fun at Lakeview by Peppersmash. Trivia Night on the patio starts at 7:00 PM.
- Ladies can enjoy Women’s Wednesday Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) on the lake with DFW Surf starting at 6:00 PM.
- The Shacks at Austin Ranch puts a musical spin on a classic game with Music Bingo Nights starting at 7:00 PM.
- Kick-off your weekend with Live Music Fridays at The Shacks at Austin Ranch. Spend a relaxing evening on the patio and have a taste of their many delectable dining options.
- Cruise along the calm waters and enjoy a Sunset Paddle & A Pint hosted by DFW Surf. As dusk settles, the boards illuminate to guide you back to shore.
Saturdays & Sundays
- Savor Cajun flavors with an All-You-Can-Eat Crawfish Boil at Bourbon Street Bar & Grill from 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM both Saturday and Sunday.
- At Hidden Cove Park & Marina, take in the serenity of nature as you join others in the Bike To Yoga event Sundays from 5:00 PM to 6:15 PM.
- Relax, stretch and flow into a soothing day with paddleboard yoga. Sunshine SUP Yoga Flow welcomes all skill levels.
Follow us on Facebook for more things to do in The Colony!