Take a closer look at one of The Colony’s live music destinations. From Creole-Mexican menu items to chart-topping artists on stage, Lava Cantina brings the heat!
Lava Cantina opened its doors in 2017, creating the perfect spot for great cuisine and live music to come together. This venue is a rock ‘n’ roll inspired experience created by a father and son duo, Ian and Steve Vaughn, who had a passion for music, food, and entertainment. When you visit Lava Cantina you’ll discover the musical themed displays throughout the restaurant including, autographed memorabilia, murals, and rock ‘n’ roll decor.
Rock Your Taste Buds
Your palette deserves to try some unique dishes that only Lava Cantina can create. The rock ‘n’ roll inspired menu is full of Coastal Mexican dishes with a Creole flair. Indulge in selections such as Great Balls of Fire Boudin Balls, Crawfish and Gator Fondue, Etouffee Enchiladas, Hotel California Tacos, and Smashmouth Smash Burgers. You can enjoy happy hour specials Monday-Friday, and even come in on Sunday and enjoy $10 bottomless mimosas with the famous Jazz Brunch Buffet.
Daily Hit List
No matter what day of the week, Lava Cantina doesn’t miss a beat when it comes to entertaining its guests. Just look at some of these examples from their daily hit list.
- Margarita Monday: Start your week off with Margarita Monday and enjoy house margaritas for $4, domestic drafts for $3, and many other classic cocktails.
- Live Band Karaoke: Feel like a rock star on any Tuesday night with Live Band Karaoke from 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM and tacos on the house from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- 357 Happy Hour: Monday through Friday enjoy 357 Happy Hour from 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Sip on a $3 domestic draft, $5 house margarita or $7 top shelf margarita while chowing down on $5 Amplified Shrimp or $7 Loaded Queso with brisket. In addition to the awesome specials, you can catch a live performance almost any night on the rooftop deck.
- Girls Rock Wednesday: Grab your gal pals and enjoy half price bottles of wine or $5 Hurricanes, Mules, and Frose’s. With additional choices of cocktails and signature strawberry margaritas.
- Kids Movie Saturday: Catch a weekly children’s movie screening, free for the family to enjoy. Keep the little ones entertained with arts and crafts and $2 off kids meals during the movie.
- Jazz Brunch: Unwind every Sunday with a Jazz Brunch, enjoy the Bloody Mary Bar, bottomless mimosas, and brunch menu offerings beginning at 10:00 AM, with live music from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
Lava Cantina spans over 28,000 square feet and welcomes concert-goers with a Bourbon Street exterior. The interior provides both indoor and outdoor stages, multiple levels, VIP seating, retractable roofs, and more. The versatile concert venue seats over 1,500 guests and hosts incredible acts from local artists to international chart-toppers like Nelly, Lance Bass, Aaron Carter, Lil Jon, Snoop Dog, and Steve Aoki. Check out the full schedule to see who’s taking the stage next. Many shows hosted by Lava Cantina are free but keep in mind, tickets are still required.
Get The Show on the Road
Party like a rockstar and have Lava Cantina cater your next event. The catering team will work with you to help create a fresh, custom meal delivered right to your venue. Their catering menu can accommodate any size group or event, whether it’s a bridal shower, tailgate, or a corporate luncheon. Lava Cantina offers a variety of buffets and stations for any budget or dietary restriction.
Party Like a VIP
Parties are only as fun as the people and the atmosphere. Host your party at one of the most unique and dynamic attractions in The Colony. Lava Cantina is the ideal venue for an unconventional crowd of any size. The venue can be tailored to your specific event, whether you’re rolling out the red carpet or rolling out your old high school jacket. You’re guaranteed to have an awesome atmosphere and a rockin’ event, and give your guest a memorable experience they won’t soon forget.
And if that isn’t enough, Lava Cantina hosts great reoccurring programming and events offered so stop by anytime.
- Cars & Cantina: Come see all the cool classic cars on display and watch them rev up their engines. This is a free event held every first Saturday of each month from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
- Ultimate Cowboys Experience Fan Event: This football season come to this exclusive event held the day before each Cowboys home game from 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM. Meet current and former players and enjoy complimentary food and drinks.
- Cowboys Watch Party: Every football Sunday during game time, the biggest party is happening at Lava Cantina. Enjoy food and drink specials, The Dallas Cowboys DJ, and appearances from Rowdy.